Just a reminder, the first day of BUILD Series 3D is almost here. Day 1 involves soldering your RAMPS board that controls your printer. Hopefully, you participated at our BUILD Series 101 soldering workshop and now you’re a super pro.
Here are the event details:
BUILD Series 3D
Saturday, March 21st
You will need a particular set of tools. You can find most of this stuff at Home Depot/Lowes, JK Electronics, or Amazon Prime it. We will provide solder.
What you will get from us:
- DIY RAMPS Complete Kit
- Solder 60/40
- Desoldering Braid – Because we all make mistakes
What you need to bring:
- Flush Cutters – Home Depot Amazon
- Soldering Iron – We recommend the Aoyue 936 (Analog) or the Aoyue 937+ (Digital) soldering stations, but a simple pencil style adjustable soldering iron from Amazon will get you through. Make sure you get one with a sponge and a stand. This will definitely serve you in the long run.
- A Tip Cleaner would be nice but optional; something as simple as a sponge would be fine.
- Helping Hands (Optional but Helpful++) Amazon
- Laptop — The build manual to assemble your RAMPS board will be available online and it will be very handy to have in front of you.
Also, you don’t have to buy the same tools we linked here but they sure do come in handy later on.
For your safety, if you’ve never soldered before and have shaky hands, please bring some work gloves.
If you are unable to acquire a soldering iron and/or helping hands, you can check out one of ours (we have ordered 10 irons and hands). Use the form below to reserve.
All 10 soldering irons have been checked out by the following:
- Sarah H