What is the BUILD Series 3D?
If you’re interested in building your own 3D Printer, then you’ve come to the right place. The LONG BEACH MAKER SOCIETY is helping individuals of all walks of life build their very own 3D printers.
We will guide you through the process of building your own printer all the way from Soldering to Calibration. We will have between 7-8 BUILD Days (Saturdays & Sundays). Some additional assistance will be available beyond the designated BUILD Days if required.
We accept payment in person: cash and checks only.
The BUILD 3D Kit includes everything you need to build your own RepRap Prusa Mendel:
- MakerGear Hot End Kit 1.75 mm w/ Wade’s Mounting and .35mm Nozzle
- RAMPS DIY Kit Complete w/ pre-solderd SMT
- Wade’s Nema 17 Extruder set w/Hive76 Bolt
- Prusa Mendel Hardware Kit
- Timing Belts and GT2 Kit
- 12x LM8UU Bearings
- Prusa PCB Heated Bed
- Power Supply
- Wiring & Tubing
- Printed Parts
- 5x Stepper Motors
- MDF Board, Cardboard, & Glass
- Small sample of PLA plastic for test prints
Check the Events section for time and location.
- Monday, February 18th – Registration and Payments Begin.
- Thursday, February 28th – Registration and Payment Deadline.
- Saturday, March 9th – First BUILD Day (Soldering)
- Saturday, March 16th – Second BUILD Day (Frames)
- Saturday, March 25th – Third BUILD Day (Frames 2)
- Saturday, April 6th – Fourth BUILD Day (Wiring 1)
- Saturday, April 13th – Fifth BUILD Day (Wiring 2)
- Saturday, April 20th – Sixth BUILD Day (Hotend/Extruder)
- Saturday, April 27th – Seventh BUILD Day (Software/Calibration)
Sign Up for BUILD Series 3D – Spring 2013!
Registration Closed. Check back here again in the FALL.