What is the BUILD Series 3D?
If you’re interested in building your own 3D Printer, then you’ve come to the right place. The LONG BEACH MAKER SOCIETY is helping individuals of all walks of life build their very own 3D printers.
We will guide you through the process of building your own printer all the way from Soldering to Calibration. We will have between 5-6 BUILD Days (Saturdays & Sundays). Additional help and assistance will be available beyond the 6 weekends if required.
We also have a workshop (“How to 3D Model with SketchUp”) for those interested in designing their own prints scheduled for November 11th (Free).
The BUILD 3D Kit includes everything you need to build your own RepRap Prusa Mendel:
- MakerGear Hot End Kit 1.75 mm w/Wade’s Mounting and .35 mm Nozzle
- RAMPS DIY Kit Complete /w pre-solderd SMT
- Wade’s Nema 17 Extruder set w/Hive76 Bolt
- Prusa Mendel Hardware Kit
- Timing Belt and GT2 Kit
- 12x LM8UU Bearing
- Prusa PCB Heated bed
- Power Supply
- 5x Steppers Motors
Check the Events section for time and location.
- Wednesday, October 24th – Deadline for Registration and Payment for your BUILD Kit in VEC 523.
- Saturday, November 3rd – First BUILD Day (Soldering)
- Sunday, November 4th – Second BUILD Day (Soldering Follow Up)
- BUILD Days will be hosted every Saturday after the above dates (excluding THANKSGIVING Weekend)
Sign Up for BUILD Series 3D – Fall 2012
Registration for Fall 2012 has been closed. Check back this page next semester for Spring 2012 BUILD Series 3D.